Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cloak and Dagger Stuff.

So I cruised over to Popsheep - yeah I'm still on neighbourhood watch - and they're running a "Canadian Election Result Prediction" contest. No chance of such politicised rhetoric here. Politics is a cruel mistress. I'll give you my tunes instead. These aren't especially new or anything. I think this is viewed as a bit uncouth in the musoblogisphere. Old, old stuff like grampa's nose-flute sessions recorded with two cups and a piece of string, that's cool, and new, new stuff like some lo-fi Scandinavian "sound artist" hermit who lives in a nice loft in Stockholm and communicates only through semaphore that's cool, but stuff released between six and eighteen months ago? Poo-ey! "I heard that song on the radio you fool. Cease and desist your blog immediately". Anyways, here's some tunes that have been released between six and eighteen months ago. Thumbing my nose at all a y'alls.

I really like this tune by Aberfeldy, an Edinburgh twee-pop group. It's sickly sweet, fey, winsome, all that jazz, but gets away with it. The album "Young Forever" is great too. Dig it out.

Aberfeldy - Love Is An Arrow http://rapidshare.de/files/11689396/03_-_love_is_an_arrow.mp3.html

New(ish), doing the rounds a bit, and gonna be big(ish) soon. New project from Dangermouse and Cee Lo Green.

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy http://rapidshare.de/files/6212444/Gnarls_Barkley_-_Crazy.mp3.html

Happy Weekend!

No comments: